Istanbul Gelişim University (IGU)
In 2008, the “Gelisim Education Culture Health and Social Service Foundation”, which attempted to establish a Vocational School named “Istanbul Gelisim Vocational School”, started its education life with the Vocational School established on 14 June 2008 by the Ministry of National Education and the Council of Ministers.
With the law numbered 6114 dated February 17, 2011, Istanbul Gelisim University was established in the 2022-2023 academic year with 6 Faculties, Graduate Education Institute, 2 Vocational Schools and 2 Schools with the step taken to become a “world university”. Istanbul Gelisim University, which grows every year with solid steps taken with the aim of becoming a university that has a voice in the world, is one of the most preferred universities among Turkey’s foundation universities.
A total of 65 programs of Istanbul Gelisim University, which cooperates with leading institutions in its field and attaches great importance to internationalization in order to achieve global success, have been thoroughly examined and accredited by international delegations appointed by German, British and American accreditation institutions such as AQAS, AHPGS, ABET and PEARSON. Having achieved the success of being the university with the most accredited programs in Turkey, Istanbul Gelisim University has attracted worldwide attention with the steps it has taken to become international.
Advocating that higher education is the most important tool for sustainable development, IGU offers education and training opportunities to its national and international students with 6 Faculties, 2 Schools, 2 Vocational schools 70 bachelor’s programs, 61 associate degree daytime programs, 34 associate degree evening programs, 32 thesis / 32 non-thesis graduate programs, and 7 Ph.D. programs.
Cooperating with more than 100 world universities Istanbul Gelisim University is also motivating its undergraduate, associate degree, graduate and doctoral students to become international.
Istanbul Gelisim University offers its students a huge research complex consisting of over 130 laboratories in the campus area in Istanbul, one of the financial and commercial centers of Turkey and the world. IGU has 22 research centers and 82 student clubs that allow students to engage in social, cultural, scientific and sports activities outside of the classroom. We will be happy to cooperate with you, our external stakeholders, within the rapidly growing and developing dynamic structure of our university.
- Istanbul Aydın University was established under the guidance of Anatolia Education and Culture Foundation in accordance with the additional article numbered 73 of the law numbered 5656 published in the Official Gazette numbered 26526 on the date of 18.05.2007. Istanbul Aydın University was established with the experiences gained through an existing university and Anadolu Bil Vocational School of Higher Education founded in 2003 as a result of the bonds established beforehand. In this context, IAU has a unique position in Turkey. The two institutions gathered under the same roof with the establishment of IAU and started to provide associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree and master’s degree education. Both Istanbul Aydın University and Anadolu Bil Vocational School of Higher Education are based on the ground of Anatolia Education and Culture Foundation (AKEV).
- Being one of the youngest and the most dynamic universities of our country that proceeds in the direction of global education and international development, Istanbul Aydın University contributes not only to our country but also to humanity by sustaining education and studies in the field of contemporary modern sciences.
- Besides taking its rightful place in the world through its contributions with its academic units in local, national and international fields by taking advantage of international cooperation and solidarity, some of the important elements for international education, Istanbul Aydın University continues to become popular in the areas of science and technology.
To be one of the WORLD UNIVERSITIES that produce value for continuous IMPROVEMENT
- To provide education and training services in national and international quality standards,
- To implement a student-centered education approach,
- To adopt the understanding of governance with stakeholders,
- To provide services to the community in effective, efficient and measurable standards,
- To implement continuous and sustainable improvement and development activities in every field.
- Sustainability is a concept that has entered our life in the last 20 years. The growing awareness of such problems as global climate change, environmental pollution, deforestation, the exhaustion of plant and animal species, and depletion of energy resources we use has brought us to this point.
- This concept tells us: “Meet the needs of today without dispossessing future generations of the opportunity meeting their own needs!”. In other words, we have a responsibility to keep the environment clean at all stages of our production and consumption activities and to use resources as little as possible.
- While studies on the world are progressing rapidly, there are many steps to be taken by our country. In order for these steps to be taken healthily, cooperation is needed between the state, companies, non-governmental organizations, universities and individuals who conduct scientific studies.
- We, as Istanbul Gelisim University, want to fulfill our responsibility with the support of our students and leave a more livable world for the next generations. For this, we chose “Sustainability” as the main theme of our university.
- As a beginning, we have put a mandatory “Introduction to Sustainability” course into the curriculum of all our departments, believing in the power of awareness and education. Together we will become conscious, and then we will fulfill our responsibilities.
- As the University, we set out to act as required by the concept of sustainability in all future activities and projects. With the support of you students, we will create a better world, together!
Dear Candidate, Kindly fill up the form below for evaluation. We will get back to you shortly once submitted.